What ChickenGuard model is best for me?
There are three popular ChickenGuard automatic chicken coop door opener models, so what ChickenGuard model is best for you?
Let’s first take a look at what is common between all three:
- Integrated Timer. Set your opener to open and close at specific times during the morning and evening.
- Manually control the door with a simple press of the button.
- Fully featured LCD Display for ease of use and programming.
- Low battery warning. The light will be permanently lit when batteries are low.
- Long Battery Life. All models will last 6 months to a year between battery changes.
- No complicated wiring or cabling. Low Maintenance.
- Door closed indicator light visible from 100 yards away. Blinks every 30 seconds while closed.
- No minimum or maximum door heights.
- Operates in temperatures from -10 to 110 degrees F.
- Full 3 year manufacturer warranty.
Difference between the three models:
AS Standard: Works on an integrated timer ONLY. Lifts up to a 2 lb door.
ASTi Premium: In addition to the integrated timer, it also has a light sensor function. Can open and close based on the sunrise and sunset light levels. Lifts up to a 2 lb door.
ASTi Extreme: Same features as the ASTi Premium, but has military grade specs to withstand harsh weather and climates, operating in temperatures from -20 to 120 degrees F. Stronger motor, lifts up to an 8 lb door.
The Extreme can even operate under water!